Sunday, August 1, 2021

A break Whidbey nice...

 School wrapped up in early June, and we headed out for a long summer adventure.

Started off right with a sweet upgrade to business class, where I was able to pass the time by murdering copious amounts of fictional creatures.


After a long flight, and a long drive, the reward. A beautiful, remote spot on Whidbey Island in Washington.

Milady basks in nature after a heroic journey.

'Twas a tid bit nipply, as we say, in our new island refuge. We made due, and enjoyed the cozy, bright living room with a view of Camano Island across Skagit bay.

This was the view down the cliff in front of the house. Seals would play here most mornings.

We were very happy to be surrounded by nature, and the wildlife was abundant.

A family of bald eagles in our yard. Junior eats a fish while the 'rents chill in a tree, looking all regal and shit.

Deer everywhere, and super-tame. This is a problem; I don't trust them.
Quentin the California quail liked to hang around. One day he brought his wife and kids, but they were gone before I could get my phone. Rani liked to mess with him by playing quail calls from an app on her phone.


Things took a turn for the worse on a visit to Price Sculpture Forest, where Rani was carried off by a giant robot eagle.

And I was attacked by a treenosaurus.

Bennu, the heron god of the forest, healed me by granting me stone legs, which also allowed me to run away.

I shot the eagle down, saving milady from a life of servitude in his mountain kingdom, with my trusty bow Kodandam.
In the end, we made nice with the robot eagles, and all was well.


River otter fishing in Deception Pass state park.

Ellie the elephant seal
My new favorite tree.

I'm grateful for the time we spent here. It was the perfect place to unplug and rest up for the next leg of the summer.



2 comments:

  1. Very, very clever and so entertaining!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the giant eagle and butt eating dinosaur!! So glad you guys had time on your own to decompress and explore. Miss you guys!! EB

    ReplyDelete