Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Here We Go! Days 19-26 (...Jiggety-Jog)

Spent a few days at the family home in Three Rivers, Michigan. Good relaxing with the parents as we planned dinners for the upcoming reunion, enjoyed some nice quiet time, did some reading on one of my favorite couches in the world.

The siblings began to arrive, along with the geschwisterkinder, and quiet time was over.
Hey, that's my reading couch!

Seriously, get off my couch!

Hey, those aren't your shoes!


Milady does the Aunt Rani thing pretty well.

The focus of the weekend was my father's 70th birthday, and we siblings were having a little trouble coming up with an appropriate theme for this momentous occasion. Luckily, he fell out of a tree this past year and gave us much fodder for jokes, gifts, and cake.
Father, mother, sister, and the newest edition.

My brother captured a video of my dad, fueled by powerful narcotics, relating the story of his accident, which I transcribed into a poem.

The niblings present the old man with his birthday throne.

Mother adorns the birthday boy with his cloak (the shirt that was cut off of him at the hospital).

SO MUCH FOOD!

The eldest pontificates.

Don't be bashful! Check out this ridiculously hilarious cake my brother made!

And now we don't have to climb ladders to trim trees anymore, right Dad?
I'm impressed by this man's resilience (already training for a marathon again) and energy (which is amplified whenever his grandchildren are around). Happy birthday, Dad!

Then it was a big pack-up for the move to Lakeside Melodies, where Rani and I had our big party two years ago. Still beautiful as ever. Swim, cook, eat, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment