Thursday, August 16, 2018

Here We Go! Days 68-73 (Lon-DONE!)

For the last stop on this grand adventure of a summer, we took a nice train ride through the English countryside from Glasgow to London. Most of my time in London was spent trying to keep myself from making silly remarks in a bad English accent, but we got a few other things done.
We so fancy! We took the opportunity to see a couple of super-American musicals. Hamilton was interesting, and my favorite character was definitely King George (and it was a special treat to see him in London). The Book of Mormon was out-of-control funny in the most uncomfortable ways.
Of course, spent a couple of days on the big bus, touring around (very slowly) and seeing some of the sights. The view from a boat on the Thames was probably my favorite.  
Other than that, we at a lot of food, I was able to track down a few more places that sell my new favorite beer, and we enjoyed getting to know the little part of Soho where we stayed.

Then, it was back on the plane for an 8 AM arrival in Lahore. I'm getting used to the heat, the smells, the people, the creeping work-stress...

What an adventure this summer has been! Thanks for coming along for the ride!

1 comment: